We have received many requests to open the garden in October, but for the first two weeks of the month the weather forecast is rather wet.
- So we plan to open on Saturday October 17th and Tuesday October 20th, all subject to weather and prevailing conditions at the time.
- On both dates we will open at 11am and 2pm.
- We would still like you to reserve your time slot so that we are able to have contact details, both for tracking reasons but also so that we may contact you if we have to close for either weather reasons or any other reason. It also means we are able to see likely interest.
- On these occasions we do not ask for advance payment, but would ask you to pay the £6 entrance fee here on arrival using our card reader.
- Children under 16 would be half price. We do not allow dogs this year.
- Tea/apple juice and our delicious home-made cakes will be available; £5 per person.
The garden has brought us and many others great pleasure and relief this summer and although we will now inevitably loose the blooms on the dahlias etc, there will be lovely autumn colour in the leaves, joy in the seed heads and great beauty in the grass gardens. The shadows lengthen and the shafting sunlight can be wonderful.
In October, the garden is still a place to appreciate a gentle stroll, and admire nature’s bounty.