When to visit – Latest Information
In response to the many requests we have received to open the garden in October, we now have selected dates available, but they are booking up quickly!
Due to windy/wet conditions on Saturday 24th October and Tuesday 27th October, we are offering two new dates to visit Sunday 25th and Monday 26th October, both subject to weather and prevailing conditions at the time.
- On all dates, we will open at 11am and 1pm.
- We would still like you to reserve your time slot so that we are able to have contact details, both for tracking reasons but also so that we may contact you if we have to close for either weather reasons or any other reason. It also means we are able to see likely interest.
- There is lots of seating available in the garden itself, but in case of showers, there is only limited seating undercover for hot drinks and cakes. But we will be offering disposable cups and picnic type cake boxes in a carrier bag if anyone wants to take the refreshments to their cars.
- On these occasions, we do not ask for advance payment but would ask you to pay the £6 entrance fee here on arrival using our card reader.
- Children under 16 would be half price. We do not allow dogs this year.
- Tea/apple juice and our delicious home-made cakes will be available; £5 per person.
The garden has brought us and many others great pleasure and relief this summer and although we will now inevitably loose the blooms on the dahlias etc, there will be lovely autumn colour in the leaves, joy in the seed heads and great beauty in the grass gardens. The shadows lengthen and the shafting sunlight can be wonderful.
In October, the garden is still a place to appreciate a gentle stroll, and admire nature’s bounty.
Great news: Our Winter Garden is to be featured in RHS ‘The Garden’ Magazine January 2021 edition.
We will not be open in November or December but might open in January and February if circumstances allow it.
Please check back regularly for the latest information, or follow us on Instagram. We will continue to operate an online booking and payment system, which will be open for bookings at least two weeks ahead of opening dates.
Find out what’s been happening recently at Kathy Brown’s Garden
Maintaining our garden is a year-round activity. You can watch our progress via Instagram.