What’s happening in 2022
We look forward to welcoming our visitors again from Tuesday 5th April 2022. Read on to discover our open days, our Friends benefits and evening opening. Then find out what our garden typically offers during springtime, bursting with growth and colour and scent.
Spring and Summer Opening Times 10.30am-1pm and 2-4.30pm on the following days:
- Every Tuesday from April 5th until September 27th
- Fathers Day Sunday June 19th
- Saturday July 30th
- Saturday September 3rd
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration Opening Times:
- Thursday 2nd June we are opening between 10:30am-1pm and 2-4:30pm
- Friday Evening 3rd June we are opening our garden 6-9pm for a special celebration event when the evening light should be glorious. We are thrilled that Dan Evans is returning to play his original music on guitar – see below for full details
- Saturday 4th June we are opening from 1-4.30pm in support of the Church Rooms with entrance and tea monies going to ‘The Friends of St Mary’s Church, Stevington’.
Friends Mid-Summer Evening Opening Times:
- Friday June 24th we are open in the evening between 6-9pm – see below for full details
- For Group visits (15+) please contact Kathy direct via email [email protected]
Celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Thursday 2nd June 10:30am-1pm and 2-4:30pm
Friday 3rd June 6-9pm
We are opening our garden for a special evening event when the evening light should be glorious. We are thrilled that Dan Evans is returning to play his original music on guitar. Please bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden if the weather is fine. Hot/cold drinks and home-made cake will also be available to purchase as usual.
Friends of Kathy Brown’s Garden New for 2022
Valid for the season from early April to end of September 2022; this Friends season ticket gives great value for the named holder(s), as savings start on the third visit (during opening times, except NGS May 15th); after this, every visit through to the end of the season is free.
We are really pleased to be offering a Friend’s Mid-Summer Evening on Friday June 24th from 6-9pm, see below for details.
Single ticket £22
Dual ticket £40
Friday June 24th 6-9pm
We will have a Friend’s Mid-Summer Evening on Friday June 24th 6-9pm so that our Friends can enjoy the evening sunlight in the garden, so special over the wild flower meadow and through the avenue of birches. It will be a bookable chargeable event, (same entry fee as normal) but open exclusively to Friends and any partners or plus ones they would like to invite and maybe bring along a special picnic to enjoy in the garden if the weather is fine. Hot/cold drinks and home-made cake will also be available to purchase as usual. We will limit the numbers to make this a special occasion.
When to visit 2022
- We will open between 10.30-1pm and 2-4.30pm on each open day with limited numbers to help with the visitor experience and catering. General introductions will be on the lawn at 11.30am and 2.30pm lasting about 15-20 minutes.
- Please decide to come morning or afternoon when it suits you best. For afternoon visitors, best to arrive by 3.30pm as we will close promptly at 4.30pm.
- In sunny weather we have lots of seating on the lawn and around the garden. In rainy weather we have limited shelter to offer.
- The Platinum Jubilee Evening on Friday 3rd June and the Friends Mid-Summer Evening on June 24th will be the exception with the garden open from 6-9pm.
- Entrance is £8, children 4-17 £4, free for infants 3 and under.
- Tea/coffee/squash/apple juice and Kathy’s home-made cakes will be available to purchase here in the garden in the morning and afternoon.
- Our shop will sell Kathy’s books The Edible Flower Garden £7 and Garden Guide Book £5, plus delightful china mugs and jugs as well as Kathy’s recipe and garden cards. We have a card reader.
- We have lots of free parking.
- Two toilets are available near the car park.
- The Gardeners World Magazine 2 for 1 offer is valid on Tuesdays only, please bring your registration card with you.
Conditions of Entry
- Only people with pre-booked tickets can visit the garden.
- Please show or print out your order confirmation email as proof of ticket reservation.
- Any tickets purchased in advance but not used on the proposed day will be valid for the rest of our spring/summer 2022 season. (except for the NGS day on May 15th and Friend’s Mid-Summer Evening on Friday June 24th)
- Please email to say of the postponement and then in due course the likely date of visit. It just helps with catering. You will have the QR code so we will still be able to book you in.
- Although we love dogs, we have two free range of our own and at this time have a policy of no visiting dogs, thank you for your understanding.
- Additionally, if we have dangerous thunderstorms or very high winds, we will close the garden. Check back on our website before travelling, if in doubt.
About the garden
Spring is the magical time when the garden comes back to life with clouds of cherry blossoms and bulbs. Our orchard is a special joy with the apple and pear tree blossom coinciding with the blue camassias.
In early to mid-April the gleaming white stemmed birch by the drive have a wonderful display of snakeshead fritillaries followed by glorious white Rockii tree peonies.
The two beds opposite are filled with more Rockii peonies whilst another is dedicated to the sumptuous intersectional types. Tree peonies, intersectional and herbaceous peonies provide fantastic interest from end April to early June.
Various wisteria and early Banksiae roses on the house walls provide great beauty through May followed by the wisteria and laburnum arches which generally take centre stage by mid to end May, all underplanted with a mass of purple alliums. Honeysuckle, solanum, poppies and foxgloves join the scene as well…it is a magical time.
The wild flower meadow has a great number of cowslips, now drifting in and populating the ellipse of white birch. Meanwhile the meadow besides the drive becomes a shimmering sea of buttercups in May. Wilding is both deliberate and natural.
Please check back regularly for the latest information on our opening dates and times or follow us on Instagram.